Friday, March 5, 2010

3-5-10 grateful for today

1. Endless opportunities
2. All of life's experiences
3. My brothers
4. My adorable dog
5. The wonderful cool weather
6. Friday and the infinite possibilities the weekend holds
7. My budget
8. Responsibility
9. My passions
10. My creative abilities and talents

Is there a word that means infinite, endless, unlimited that does not have the negative add-on to a limited word that means the opposite? Infinite has "in" an add-on (which means "not") tacked onto "finite" which has an end. Endless has "less" an add-on to "end". Unlimited has "un" which means "not" tacked onto "limited." Let's look in the thesaurus. I love the thesaurus. That's my number 11 today, I'm grateful for the thesaurus. Hmmmm. The only one that seemed to become close to the meaning (and I really like it) is "all-embracing". Well, lets see, if I have infinite possibilities, does it mean the same that I have all-embracing possibilities?

The reason this came up was that I have been taught that the universe provides us with everything we ask for and does not know the meaning of "not". For instance, if I know what I do not want, I can't ask the universe for it "I do not want more financial problems" because the universe hears "I do want more financial problems" and that's what I get. I was wondering about "endless abundance and infinite prosperity" does the universe listen in the same way to those words since the add-on to the root is "not"? Probably not, I was just curious if there was a word that was all-encompassing without using the negative opposite of a root.

Basically, what you focus on, that's what the universe brings you more of. If you are focusing on what you do not want, you are still focusing on it. Focus and be mindful of what you want. And then you ask, well what DO I want? Which is where I'm at.

That's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment