Friday, March 19, 2010

3-19-10 grateful for today

1. Meryl Streep (who reminds me so much of my friend Kerry)
2. My adorable dog
3. Brown sugar
4. My bed
5. The possibility to be profound
6. Love, Trust, and Openness
7. Asking for what I want without attachment
8. Reaching out for connection with others
9. Sharing of myself
10. Awareness

Just watched The Devil Wears Prada thinking that I wouldn't like it at all. Well, when the movie came out I was not aware of my womaness. I would actually deny it. A left over survival mechanism. So, I recently have become aware of my femininity and a new perspective on my beauty and being a woman. I'm still not sure about all that fashion and beauty stuff. I do see the difference in the character Andy from the beginning to the end. And fashion is like art. I still don't like to have stuff on my face. I think that's why I still look so young is because I rarely have worn makeup.

I was going to write about Meryl Streep. I love seeing Meryl in anything because she reminds me so much of my friend Kerry. Even while playing Miranda, I see Kerry playing the part. There's something so similar about the two of them that I always think of Kerry when I see Meryl. And yet, I can't put my finger on what is similar. They kinda, not really, vaguely look . . . well not really. Then I think maybe gestures or voice lilt or . . . . . . I dunno. Maybe their aura or soul is the same, or kindred spirits.

Meryl's not the only one. Everytime I see Tom Hanks, I'm reminded of my brother Rick. Again, I'm probably the only person in the world that would put the two of them together as similar. There is something there . . . . .

Me? Who am I like? I'm finally getting to really know me in my deepest part. I think other people have been able to see it or sense it all along. I'm just now dropping the blocks and the walls to see me as I truly am. Some parts are very scary and initially hard to look at. And all of me is beautiful. As is every one.

Much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment