Sunday, March 21, 2010

3-21-10 grateful for today

1. My emergency fund
2. Creativity
3. Determination
4. Tai Chi
5. Harry Potter
6. Possibilities
7. Opportunities
8. Putting myself "out there"
9. Community
10. Love

I haven't been practicing doing my Tai Chi or going to my class. And my back feels it, and I feel it. I found an online community of "scanners". I appreciate the online. I very much prefer the in person. We are all so insulated from each other. Taken physical steps away from each other while still maintaining the illusion of connectedness: phones, text, email, forum posts, youtube videos. Hiding behind our walls, in our apartments, not visiting with neighbors, not talking to the people that are in a physical presence close.

I miss close connection with others and I'm determined to find my way out of my apartment more often. To go out and meet people and say hello and truly be concerned and interested in making strangers my friends. To go and see my friends I already have more often. Maybe I'll come up with a job or business opportunity that will get me more in touch with people and new people in a creative and fun way more often.

There is a difference between saying and thinking I'm going to do these things and actually doing them. I'm quite used to my old way to "think about", to "intend", to "know I'm going to do it when I get home". And then something else takes over, I sit in front of the TV and continue to just think that I'm going to do these things. Continue to live in the "safe" daydream rather than take action. I did a lot of work last year so that I wouldn't be stuck in this trap again. I know one part of the key is getting good rest and planning fun activities along with all of these projects I'm working on. I know another part of the key is staying focused regardless of other things going on. (I'm trying hard to convince myself).

Much love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment