Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3-24-10 grateful for today

1. Sleeping in
2. My adorable dog (and bed warmer)
3. This list
4. My power to choose everything in my life
5. Connection with friends
6. Acceptance of myself and others
7. This beautiful day to unfold before me
8. Chanting and meditating
9. Change
10. Where my attention goes, my power goes

I am grateful that it's okay to change my routine. I had been chanting and meditating in the morning for 6 months or more and I was started to become afraid that my days would fall apart if I didn't keep up with that routine of doing it in the morning. I found that I really like this change of doing this list in the morning and doing my chanting and meditating when I get home from work. I enjoy being grateful first thing in the morning. Life is amazing. Life is even more amazing for me when I am present in the moment. I realize I have spent too much time worrying about what is to come and what is going to happen in the future and trying to control that. I love being in the moment that I am in and I'm beginning to find that it is easier and more fun to let my soul go where it wants to go, rather than force it.

I have been desiring a small cabin in the mountains that is mostly self-sufficient and only a small financial stream of income so that I can spend my days finding the natural rythms of my body. What is the best time for me to get up? And what does my body want to do first in the morning? To be able to meditate without the pressure of going to work or completing work by deadlines. That's funny, that's where the gift is. To be able to meditate with all that pressure is the gift. Imagine learning to be able to meditate, to let all that pressure of schedules and work and to-do lists fall away, to meditate and release all that pressure that is bearing down is the gift.

There is a big smile on my face ready to see what this amazing day will bring to me.

Love and light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment