Sunday, March 14, 2010

3-14-10 grateful for today

1. My release pillow
2. My adorable dog
3. Frustration
4. Life
5. Noble friends
6. Reaching out
7. My soul
8. Starting new, afresh, again
9. Shower
10. Having a bed to sleep in again

Two steps forward, one step back. That's not quite right. All the steps are forward, just some of them don't seem like it. Like walking on a sidewalk. Seems pretty easy for a while. Then abruptly the sidewalk ends I'm walking through waist deep of thorn covered brambles. Doesn't seem like I'm walking forward, or sometimes moving at all. I might not be moving out of fear of the thorns. I need to move, I want to move out of there. Instead of going straight, it may seem shorter if I go sideways for a while. Yes, I know, shortcuts don't work when moving through life. It's best to push right through the thick of it, right to the center of the thorny brambles. If I do that, a miracle happens. All the brambles are transformed into soft, silky long grasses.

Maybe "push" is not the right word. I've been trying to push to make things happen for a few weeks and I'm getting a lot of pushing back. I need to trust and follow the path that my soul is leading me down. I have to flow. Let my life unfold. Ask for what I desire and let go of the attachment to it. All in time. Choices give me power. It is all my choice. I may choose to follow others advice. I am my own person. I'm having a hard time with things becoming hardened rules with me. I make a choice that I'm going to follow this plan. This plan then becomes a hard fast rule, rigid and unbending. Then life doesn't follow this plan and I've given away my power to bend. I can choose again. I choose to bend. I choose to follow the guidelines, the path and bend with what life throws at me. I have choices. There are an infinite amount of choices in every situation. And yes, this situation is a gift.

That's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment