Monday, February 1, 2010

2-1-10 grateful for today

1. My bed
2. My adorable dog
3. My vision board
4. My “good enough” job
5. My car running well
6. My co-working bringing me food for lunch
7. My intelligence
8. Being able to skip a meeting at work
9. Unconditional love
10. Loving and generous friends

My adorable dog is Jack Russell terrier named Chaplin. I wrote this earlier while I was at work and I'm very grateful for my dog right at this moment because he is eating his food unassisted. No, there is nothing physically wrong with him, he is perfectly healthy and able to eat his food unassisted . . . he usually chooses to bug the living daylights out of me to make a game or I don't know what he is doing with his food. Yes, I will accept responsibility and culpability that I have manifested and/or continued this behavior in my dog by not applying one of the many tried and true dog training techniques. That disclaimer aside, this dog has some of the most annoying high pitched chirping noises coming out of him. What happens is that I have to have the food wherever I am. It cannot be in the other room. Then he must bark at me (or what I lovingly call chirp) and interrupt anything that I'm doing so that I may hand feed him one morsel at a time until such time he deems that it is okay for him to eat out of his bowl. At that time I need to keep watching him because if I move or stop watching him this whole process starts over. My Mom was here visiting and she was subjected to it and was trained quite quickly by my dog.

I am very grateful that tonight it was only 5 minutes of chirp-barks until he ate his food out of his dish all by himself. It did help me that I was determined to get my daily blog out so I was focused on my list. I did forget to set the timer, though. So, I'm going to say that that's about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment