Friday, February 5, 2010

2-5-10 grateful for today

1. Thunderstorms
2. Affirmations
3. Meditation
4. The ability to start again at any time
5. My adorable dog
6. My creative abilities
7. My bed
8. Friday
9. Plans for the weekend
10. My accomplishments

The ability to start again at any time. I am addicted to TV. I have in the past unplugged my cable from my TV. Well let me explain, cable is in my apartment to begin with because it is included in the maintenance fees. I also have my internet through it. Anyway, I have unplugged before and made it rather difficult to plug back in. That has worked well for me. I plug it in when there is a major event or show I am allowing myself to watch, like the oscars, football, or a friend guest starring on a show. I have had it plugged in since December and I was doing really well and only watching TV when there was something very substantial for me to watch. And turning it off right afterwards. Which is very productive because I like doing a lot of creative projects on my own time and time is precious to me. Lately I have been "falling off the wagon" spending a half an hour flipping through channels not even watching anything. Tonight I turned it on just to sit in front of it and the things I had wanted to get done are still sitting undone. When I spend my time in front of the TV, I fall back into my old mode of not liking myself, of beating myself up for not doing interesting fun things I want to do, its an addiction.

I am grateful for my ability to start again. To turn off the TV and start fresh with new resolve and new intention to do the things that are self-caring for me. To be present in my life and my feelings now. Some shows are thought provoking and can help me move forward in my personal growth. I need to be present and aware of my intention when turning it on and watching it.

Nothing in my life is beyond repair. Nothing that has happened in my past is beyond healing. No mistake I make will ever make me worthless and undeserving of life. I am deserving of all experience of life in its fullest, most abundant, loving form. I choose to start again.

Thats my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment