Sunday, February 7, 2010

2-6-10 grateful for today

1. A day packed with wonderful friends and amazing events
2. Learning
3. Playing
4. Opening spiritually
5. Infinite Possibilities
6. A humbling experience (or two)
7. My adorable dog
8. Riding in a car (not driving)
9. Love
10. Tai Chi

This is actually the morning of 2-8-10 and my list for yesterday. My day was packed full, I didn't get home until after midnight. It was a day of learning, playing and openness. I'm learning to let my emotions lead me to my next growth step, spiritual and emotional. I admit I have quite a few days where I feel like I'm spiritually and emotionally enlightened. It's very akin to the feeling when I was a teenager and felt I knew everything and had it all figured out. That's my trap, thinking I have it all figured out. I need to trust in not knowing, not understanding. I need to trust in the mystery and magic that is in life. I remember having that trust a very long time ago as a child. Having natural abilities that were in tune with the flow of the universe. I shunned them from myself out of fear. Fear of abandonment. Fear of rejection. Because those natural abilities didn't lessen the terror that was in my life then.

I am discovering them again and I am humbled by my struggle to relearn them. I am humbled by discovering that there is still a lot of jealousy in me (which is fear again). I am humbled by my struggle to reconnect to spirituality.

That's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment