Friday, February 26, 2010

2-26-10 grateful for today

1. My business coach
2. GarageBand
3. My 15 minute timer
4. Sending out one finished fellowship application
5. Being aware of my self-sabotager and were I need to release that old "not good enough" feeling
6. Love, openness, and trust
7. Noble friends and support
8. My creative abilities
9. My organizational skills
10. Spinach

Yes, I've put on the list my organizational skills. I looked around my house just now and thought to myself "what organizational skills". That's because I was only looking at the piles of stuff that haven't found a place yet. And the stuff that has a place and needs to be organized within that space. A shift in my space needs to happen. I've been talking about a purge for some time now and I believe I'm going to put the "15 minute principle" into effect. Rather than go through and do one big purge (I've done that before and gotten carried away) because a comfortable safe space is important to me, I will go through for 15 minutes on the intent of finding things to purge (I know I have some socks with holes in them). Sometimes I think the 15 minutes doesn't stay ahead of (how do I phrase this) things that need to be done. Whenever I'm thinking like that, I know I haven't had the 15 minute timer out for a couple of days.

Oh, I also looked around my house and saw where I am very organized. My to do bulletin board, which I love. When I use it properly it really does help me with prioritization and my scannerishness when priorities shift around. I have a small bulletin board and 3x5 index cards. One task goes on one index card. The first column is "today" the second column is "tomorrow" and the third column is "upcoming". When the 15 minute timer goes off and I want something else to do, I go to the board and see what's on it. I have a small bin on the wall that holds all of those tasks that are really low priority or just something I want to do when I have free time. When I complete a task, I take the card and put it in my special "accomplishment box" so for those times where I think I don't get anything done, I can open the box and see all of these index cards of things that are complete!

So, I've got to go and make a task card for "purge for 15 minutes" and stick it on the board . . . to do tomorrow!

That's my 15 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment