Friday, February 19, 2010

2-19-10 grateful for today

1. I am total and complete Abundance and Prosperity
2. Forgiveness
3. Dave Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover
4. My life and all my experiences and feelings
5. My adorable dog.
6. Friends
7. The light that is within every person and every thing
8. Stars
9. Change
10. Following my path at my pace.

I've had a wonderful beautiful day filled with joy and seeing "life changing events" are every moment if I choose them to be. I've had an emotional evening working on forgiveness, my process of forgiveness. I have started my process of forgiveness with a person in my life. I'm not too far along and I know from within that that is okay. I have received insight that forgiveness is taking back my power. Forgiveness changes how I feel about a situation in the present moment. It doesn't erase the situation or erase how I felt at the time the situation occurred. It does not erase nor condone nor ignore nor forget the hurtful behavior of the other person. It only changes how I feel in this present moment. Forgiveness is my choice to be free of the burden of my feelings when it happened. I can choose to continue to carry the feelings of the moment. This happened a very long time ago, and when it happened I was safer to choose to hide my emotions within myself and not express them. I survived by holding my feelings about what happened deep down inside me. I am used to, I am conditioned to, I am comfortable with carrying my emotions forward with me from day to day to day. I realize that I have the choice now to express them AND release them. I feel uncomfortable doing that because that is a new way to process my feelings. I have been practicing with new situations in my life. Feel my feelings, honor them with healthy expression and let them lead me to my next step, my next lesson in growth and let them go with love. I'm learning. I'm practicing. And I will be able to apply these practices to those feelings that I've held for so long.

That's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment