Thursday, February 4, 2010

2-4-10 grateful for today

1. Goodbye
2. Putting jammies on right when I get home from work
3. My adorable dog
4. Freedom
5. Honest sharing from the heart
6. Trust in my personal growth
7. My creative abilities
8. Abundance
9. Money
10. Co-workers whom I love and who love and respect me

Goodbye. Yes, I'm thankful for goodbye. I realized this because I have a few friends that are afraid of, or don't like, or refuse to use that word. Saying goodbye is not forever. It is a close to the sharing that we just enjoyed, or whatever was felt or experienced.

Okay, for example, my friends on a phone conversation. We talk about all kinds of things. I feel like I've shared all that I wanted to or needed to and so has she. The conversation is naturally winding down. Ya'll can feel when a conversation is spent. I say my "I love you"s and "Goodbye." My friend says, "Call me tomorrow." This is when I reply with, "We can talk more if you have something you need to share." or something along those lines (as this pattern was continuously repeated, I started to just reply with, "Why?"). At which she would laugh and say that I was so funny and hang up. Leaving me perplexed until this pattern was repeated enough for me to know that she didn't want to say goodbye. I also realized that she didn't really want me to call tomorrow, because when I would follow through on that request she would ask why I was calling. To which I would reply, "Because you asked me to." Then sometimes we would awkwardly be on the phone because I didn't have anything new to share from yesterday. Are you all following this line of thought?

So, I am grateful to goodbye. I am grateful for my ability to say it and know that I am still open to connecting with that person again and always look forward to connecting with them. I am grateful when a person is able to say it to me. Sometimes a goodbye is final and I'm also grateful for that. I'm grateful for closure.

That's my 15 minutes. (How's that for closure?)

No comments:

Post a Comment