Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2-10-10 grateful for today

1. Opportunities
2. Possibilities
3. Cold weather
4. Warm blankets
5. Openness
6. Honesty
7. ALL of my feelings the whole range
8. A comfy bed
9. LIFE and all experiences!
10. A new day

I am grateful for my life. All of my experiences. I get it now. Everything is a gift. ALL emotions are experiences. All experiences are changes. Changes are ever-present. Everything, the whole universe is shifting and changing and moving. Some smooth, some jagged, some crashing into each other. All my emotions from the fun ones to the sad and hurting ones are all gifts for me. Each of my emotions leads me to another lesson, another gift in this life of a challenge, an opportunity. It is all perspective.

I didn't understand this fully until now. I remember way back when I would feel hurt and frustrated when, for example, I didn't have enough money to pay my bills at that time. I was told and guided by those that said that it is all perspective, that I have something to learn from this experience. At that time I would then pile on about feeling bad about myself that if I changed my perspective and think of it as a gift I SHOULDN'T feel hurt and frustrated. So, I denied those feelings and stuffed them doing telling everybody that I'm looking at it from the perspective of learning from this experience . . . . and deep down not feeling any better. So, fast forward to the present, I am in the same financial situation (the universe will continue to provide the experience until we learn what we need to) and I realize now and HONOR my feelings of hurt and frustration and I let those emotions guide me to where my lesson lies. So, I have the opportunity for this experience and to look at ALL perspectives, HONOR what I am feeling at this present moment so that I can release those feelings and have them guide me to wisdom. I am grateful. I'll let you know what I learn from this financial situation that is repeated. I do know that Dave Ramsey has been popping up from a lot of people in my life. I'm thinking of checking out one of his books from the library . . . . when I'm able to pay the late fee on the book that I returned on time and they never checked in. Hmmmmmm, something else to work on?

That's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment