Friday, February 12, 2010

2-12-10 grateful for today

1. Hitting the "alarm off" button by mistake and still getting up in time for work
2. People of all kinds
3. Close friends learning awareness of themselves
4. My good enough job
5. Opportunities
6. Unconditional love
7. The light that is born with every person
8. FRIDAY!
9. Constant creative ideas
10. My creative abilities

I forgot to post here yesterday. So, I figured it was okay for me to miss one day every once in a great while. I don't have a time frame set on how long I'm going to be doing 10 things daily. I don't know if I need one. I know for other things I want to accomplish and I have some difficulty with my discipline, I set a 40 day window. I do the thing everyday for 40 days and if I skip a day I have to set the counter back to day one. I really like that format for a lot of things, like taking the stairs to my apartment rather than the elevator. However, I did not set that parameter when I started this daily blog. So I missed a day . . . now what? I start again the next day with apologies to you.

I also had the idea when I started that these would be posted every morning to start my day. And I've found that as long as I get it in somewhere in the 24 hours of the day, I'm good. If I do this list in the morning, I'm thinking of what I listed and it helps me to be grateful for this day. If I do this list at night, I thinking of what I'm going to put into this list and it also helps me to be grateful for this day in a slightly different way. It all works.

I am grateful for yesterday and I do feel badly that I didn't post a list. A couple of highlights that I'm grateful for: US Census Taker Testing. Closeness with friends. Payday. A friend called after getting a pretty harsh awareness of a look of himself and I'm grateful that he received that harsh look with love and I send much love and support to him while he goes through his process.

That's my 15 minutes. Much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment