Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2-2-10 grateful for today

1. Steak!
2. Sleep
3. My bed
4. Buy one get one free
5. My car running well
6. My adorable dog
7. Connecting with friends of all ages
8. Letters
9. Possibilities
10. Time

Steak! I needed steak. I had to have steak. I craved it. I was exhausted all day at work. I was having trouble thinking straight, focusing, understanding. At a couple of points I was having trouble forming sentences. I was tired! My friend (who knows my eating habits are not the greatest) thought that I might be iron deficient since I was craving steak. Well, I think I confirmed that because I felt so much better after eating a steak.

Another great thing is that they were on SALE! The price was cut to where it was almost buy one get one free . . . so I bought two. The other steak is in the freezer for the next iron deficiency emergency. I was talking to my best friend on the phone who knows I love spinach out of the can and she was surprised that I would be iron deficient because when she was my roommate, I would eat spinach all the time. I have not been buying spinach because of the raising of all the grocery prices. So, I'm back to generally eating like I did in college. Chicken leg quarters (10 pounds for $5), Ramen noodles, and egg noodles and some mac and cheese thrown in. Yeah, maybe I need to rethink my relationship with food including my relationship with my grocery budget.

I am definitely a carnivore. I love steak. Chicken. Pork. Turkey. All good. Somebody asked me if I would still be a carnivore if I had to kill the animal to get to the meat. I think I could. I haven't had to, yet. When I was in a really bad financial situation, I started looking at the ducks that wander around my apartment complex. They are all over the place. I don't think anybody would miss one, especially if it was tasty.

Well, that's my 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment