Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8-1-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Chanting
3.  Music
4.  Typing well
5.  Breathing
6.  Silence and sitting quietly
7.  My car running well
8.  Imagination and creativity
9.  Unconditional Love
10.  The Light in all things

There is the Light in all things, even me.  I have faith in that even when it is very hard for me to feel the Light in me today.  I have to believe that it is there.  There's a quote and I don't remember who said it first, or even that I have it quoted exactly right, but it is:  It is not that we are afraid of failing, it is that we are afraid that we are powerful beyond measure.  As a kid when I would metaphorically ride the crest of a big wave of joy of life, it would be great and I would feel as if I'm soaring, and waves have to crash on the shore, that is life.  As a kid my shore was hard, sharp unforgiving rocks and cliffs.  Now as an adult, I am still afraid of riding that big wave even though I can see the shore now is a smooth gentle rise of sand.  I have more tools and abilities to keep myself safe when the wave crashes on the beach, I know I can ride it up shore.  I'm not going to crash on the rocks and cliffs, and yet that is what I am afraid of.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment