Monday, August 20, 2012

8-20-12 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. My car running well
3. Therapy session
4. Music
5. Chanting
6. Creativity and Talent
7. All my emotions
8. Silence
9. Unconditional Love
10. The Light I am grateful for all my emotions.

 I'm having difficulty acknowledging or expressing or understanding anger. I got things confused because I was told that anger always travels with a buddy emotion. That being angry at someone or an experience means that I'm covering over another emotion with anger. So I made the incorrect assumtion that anger wasn't useful and I would skip over it and process the buddy emotion. This would be the equivalent of a treasure buried underneath a burning campfire. I would lift up the burning logs of anger with my bare hands, hold them to my chest while I took a free hand to dig out the treasure. All the while this fire of anger is setting me on fire and I would just tell myself that I don't feel it. That it's not important. The buddy emotion is the important one. I would sit there aflame and tell myself and everybody else that I'm not angry. And ashamed that I'm on fire. There's another way to do this. A way that I missed, I didn't understand. The buddy emotion is under the fire and I'm to process the anger first. It's after the fire is out where most people forget that there was a buddy emotion. Or that's the more intense emotion that they don't want to deal with. It's to process the anger first and then process the buddy emotion (which is usually fear, pain, hurt, shame). I tend to learn and do things backwards. Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment