Thursday, August 2, 2012

8-2-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Chanting
3.  My car running well
4.  Music
5.  Silence
6.  Choices and responsibility
7.  Permission to be human
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  Community gathering to create good energy
10.  Faith

I am feeling happy and light today.  My logical/rational brain can't seem to understand why I'm feeling so much better.  Yesterday I felt incredibly sad and weighed down and lonely and bad.  My logical brain is having a hard time understanding that reconciliation of feeling happy after feeling so sad and hurt.  I've made a drastic change in emotion and there isn't that big of a change in circumstance or experience.  My drastic change was all within me.  It is my choice.  That's hard for a part of me to accept.  The small part of me.  The part of me that was a child and was affected traumatically by forces outside of me that hurt me.  If hurt and sad comes from outside me, then happy and joy and feeling better comes from outside me, right?  All emotions come from inside.  That's the feeling I have, that this happy and joy is coming from within, outward.  Also, my anger, sadness, and hurt over the weekend I felt was coming from within, outward.  So, what happened that I felt that way?  That seems to be the question that we ask ourselves and each other.  Seeing somebody sad or crying, we ask, what happened?  I find that I'm not able to answer that question a lot of the time.  If I don't come up with an experience that I think validates my reason for crying, then I stop crying.  That's not healthy.  I feel sad and I am crying expressing it.  What would happen if I stopped trying to evaluate my "good enough reason" to feel whatever I'm feeling, and instead only FEEL it and express it in a healthy way.  All my emotions are valid at whatever moment I am feeling them.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment