Thursday, August 9, 2012

8-9-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Sleeping
4.  Breathing
5.  Music
6.  Creativity
7.  Choices and responsibility
8.  My wonderful job
9.  This new day
10.  Unconditional Love

I've had asthma almost my entire life.  Serious asthma.  I didn't know what it was like to take a clear breath.  Not until a few years ago.  I have done a lot of personal therapy, mental health counseling, and I finally was able to face terrifying memories of my childhood.  And after an intense session, I was amazed at how clearly I was breathing.  It was gone, my asthma was gone.  After that, it has come back, last year with a vengeance and I ended up going into the hospital.  And then I was clear again for a few months, and now it is back again.  I can almost feel it switch in me.  I can feel the shift, almost like a muscle tightening up.  Kind of like a muscle cramping and I can't make it relax.  Right in my chest, I feel a tightening and I'm doing all I can to relax it, but it's not listening to me.  It makes sense that I would tighten up my breathing and fall into asthma when I'm about to step fully into my life.  Just another way I sabotage myself and keep me exactly where I am.  I'm going to step into my life anyway.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment