Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8-28-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Creative projects to work on
4.  Sleeping well
5.  Breathing
6.  Ability and talent
7.  Unconditional love
9.  My humanness
10.  The Light

I'm ready to work today.  It is the beginning of my work day and I'm excited and ready to finish up some projects today.  I'm ready to work hard and not disappear into video games.  Whenever I feel stuck, that's when I go to the video games.  I need to practice and learn how to push through my "stuckness" to get unstuck.  I've figured out how to do that when I have writer's block.  That's when I put a timer for 10 or 15 minutes and my pen has to keep on writing with no stopping for that time.  Even if I repeat over and over "I'm stuck" eventually something else comes out that looks awkward and not that great and then its followed by something better and better and usually something that amazes me gets written down.  Then the timer goes off and I continue writing.  Rarely do I stop when the timer goes off.  And when I start the timer, I think I'm not going to make it, or I think about how relieved I will be when it goes off and I can stop.  And I keep on going.  That's what I need to do with other "stuck" places in my life.  Here comes today!!
Love and Light,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment