Sunday, July 8, 2012

7-8-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Shower
3.  A new day to start again
4.  Chanting
5.  Music
6.  Dancing
7.  Silence
8.  Love and Light
9.  Choices and responsibility, my decisions
10.  Engaging in life


Sometimes when I'm really down, I wonder when I'll start believing these affirmations that I'm telling myself. And I realized I'll start believing them when I decide to. That's all it takes to believe. Then why is it so hard to change? Because my emotions and habits don't change as fast as my decision. For example, I believe that feeling hungry is natural and healthy and eating things I like to satisfy that hunger is natural and healthy and enjoyable. I decided to believe that, it is the natural order. Then I practice it . . . feeling hungry betrayal comes up in me, that feeling is part of my old belief, part of the pattern I've been doing for 40 years. I get food ready and fear comes up in me, again part of my old belief. Where is the enjoyment I told myself about? Where is the acceptance that this process is natural and safe? I believe these things now. And I've spent the last 40 years making sure that my experience of eating validated and supported my old belief. All of those years making sure that eating was terrifying and hurt, that living life was terrifying and hurt. I decide to believe that eating is safe, natural and joyful. I decide to believe that living life is safe, natural and joyful. I now make sure that my experience of eating validates and supports my new belief. Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment