Thursday, July 19, 2012

7-19-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Drumming
3.  Therapy
4.  Music
5.  Healing
6.  Unconditional Love
7.  My soul close to the surface experiencing life
8.  Endless possibilities in every moment
9.  Choices and responsibility
10.  The Light

Communication is interesting.  I'm assigned on a task force for my community and I went to the first meeting last night.  These are all people I have never met before.  There was one woman where I couldn't understand her mode of communicating.  It seemed to me that she was speaking in half sentences or saying ideas that weren't fully formed yet or she assumed that we already knew the train of thought in her head and she only spoke the caboose out loud.  I had no idea even of the subject matter when she would start speaking.  There was a woman sitting across from her that instantly nodded her head and new exactly what the other woman was talking about and then would add to it.  This woman I could understand and was amazed that what she said was actually what the first woman was talking about.  It reminded me that when there is difficulty in communicating with another, it may be my own block, or it may be that we are different in communication.  There is no one right way.  The only thing is to check with who you are talking with and ask questions to be sure that communication is getting through.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment