Saturday, July 28, 2012

7-28-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Rain
3.  Sun
4.  My journal
5.  Breathing
6.  Blankets and AC
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  Music and Chanting
9.  Naps
10.  The Light

I'm having a rough day today.  I threw my back out and have some pain getting around.  I'm feeling quite sad and I'm crying today.  I don't have a clear reason why.  Lot's of big emotional things have happened this month and I feel like I need to express my overwhelm of it all.  I have believed I got the message from my therapist that feeling overwhelmed is a wrong thing to feel.  That I'm bad for feeling overwhelmed with everything.  And I think now, that I'm not bad or wrong for feeling overwhelmed.  I think what she has been trying to tell me is I have a choice to react to my overwhelmed and confused feelings.  My defense has been to let my feelings over take me, to let "overwhelm" scramble and "confuse" my brain.  I believe she's been trying to teach me that there is a way for me to feel my feelings of overwhelm and honor them, and help myself to be calm and quiet and let my feeling calm to be able to sort them out.  So I don't get lost and be overwhelmed for a week or more.  Let myself feel overwhelmed in a safe space and slowly, calmly be able to take one thing at a time.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment