Sunday, January 15, 2012

1-15-12 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Quaker Meeting
3. The Light
4. Breathing
5. Rearranging
6. Being of service to myself and others
7. My action of cleaning is healing
8. Unconditional Love
9. My back brace
10. Connection in the highest good

I came across a Quaker reading this morning talking about atonement. And they separated it to be at-one-ment. At Meeting I received further clarification that atonement begins when I realize/know that I am one with everything and everybody. If I do violence to another by word, gesture or physicality, I begin my atonement for that violence when I know I am that other person I have violated. It's not an imagining how they feel, nor a "put myself in their shoes". I am me and I am them. The Light is the same in all and makes us all one. This at-one-ment realization is the beginning for compassion and forgiveness to happen. This is also true if I am the one being violated/hurt. Compassion and forgiveness for the person that is hurting me begins when I realize we are one. At-One-Ment. For me, being one with the person that hurt me is much harder . . . and more powerful.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment