Friday, January 13, 2012

1-13-12 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Clarity
3. Guidance from my soul
4. Being of service
5. Touching and hugs
6. Connection
7. Trust and faith
8. Unconditional love
9. My creativity and talent
10. My wonderful job

Around number 4 that word "surrender" popped into my head. Interesting that it would pop into my head after writing about being grateful for guidance from my soul. I started wondering where I am now with my definition of surrender. I know it used to be an unhealthy definition of "lay down and die before you have the chance to knock me down/to take all abuses believing I deserve them without defense". And then I was introduced to "surrendering into the process", the phrase "let go and let god", of accepting what is happening while keeping myself safe inside and healthy boundaries intact. I believe trust and faith has a lot to with surrending in a healthy way. I am grateful for this reminder to surrender as I have been struggling with this recent uncovering of hurt and pain from so long ago.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment