Thursday, November 8, 2012

11-8-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Cool weather
3.  Sleeping well
4.  Breathing
5.  Choices and responsibility
6.  Unconditional Love
7.  Compassion
8.  My car running well
9.  My wonderful job
10.  The Light

I become aware quite often the last couple of days of myself lost in my imagination.  Imagining stories, or other possible scenarios, or some exciting or adventurous thing, of the future how my life might turn out if I did this or that, or if I was somebody else completely.  I have a vivid imagination and it runs pretty much like a movie.  I can imagine quite a lot with a lot of detail.  I found myself in there quite a bit, and imagination is great for some things, and when I'm in it so completely that I'm disconnected from this world and only living there, it's not healthy for me.  There is only today, this moment.  I need to choose:  to be here or in an imagined alternative.  Which is real and which is illusion?  Sometimes I trip myself up with that question.  I get so deep in my imagination, I feel like I can't tell, or is I don't want to know?  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment