Wednesday, November 21, 2012

11-21-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Music
3.  Dancing
4.  Happy Hour
5.  Time to organize and cleanse
6.  Unconditional Love
7.  My car running well
8.  Noble friends
9.  Openness
10.  Choices and responsibility

In most spiritual circles there is a state of being that they call "Surrender".  And for most of my life I have equated this with giving up, with being powerless, with being "beat down".  I now have been able to feel the difference between giving up and surrender.  Surrendering is a powerful stance while giving up is a powerless stance.  Children are naturally powerless, or have little power.  Power comes with maturity.  What's the statement?  "With great power comes great responsibility."  It is understandable the children have to mature and so does their power.  And then there are those children who are traumatized and the development of their personal power is stunted or stopped.  That's when I gave up.  I gave up on life.  And now I've experienced healthy surrender.  Instead of shutting down, it's an opening up.  Instead of letting go OF life, it's letting go TO life.  This is one of those things that needs to be felt and experienced in order to understand.  I could use all the words and explain it in every way possible and a person who has not experienced the difference, will not understand nor know how to do it.  I send much support to those who are trying, keep working at it until you know inside.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment