Friday, November 23, 2012

11-23-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  A half day at work
3.  Noble friends
4.  My car running well
5.  Choices and responsibility
6.  Spiritual cleansing
7.  Alone in the office
8.  Music
9.  Dancing
10.  The Light

I'm addicted to coffee again.  About 5 years ago after a weekend of a group therapy retreat and intense emotional processing, I emerged and went to work feeling good and completely forgot to have coffee.  It hit me about halfway through the day that I hadn't had any coffee yet.  This was very strange for me because I had been drinking a pot a day for a couple of decades.  I owned a coffee pot and an espresso machine.  I used to be able to get myself to go to sleep at night because the sooner I got to sleep, the sooner I could have coffee.  Well that fateful day 5 years ago, I didn't crave it, I didn't have that coffee headache, I didn't really want it.  So I told myself that I would wait and see if that coffee addiction came back.  And for years I barely had any coffee at all.  Maybe while I was out with a friend I would get the occasional once a month coffee at Starbucks.  I gave away my coffeepot and my espresso machine.  I enjoyed getting up and not feeling that urging ache to get coffee in me as soon as possible.  I woke up refreshed, and had lasting energy through the day.  And then two years ago I switched jobs and started working at a place where it needs to be cold for the equipment to run properly, and coffee was provided by the company.  Basically free coffee.  So, there was a long 13 hour day followed by needing to be in the office early and the coffee is free, so one cup here or there was fine.  Over two years I know have several cups of the free coffee and have started having some in the afternoon to "warm me up."  Yes, I know I could have a mug of hot water which would be healthier for me, there is also free tea I could be making, but the coffee is right there.  And finally, this morning I woke up with it again, the urging ache that I needed coffee.  I missed my old coffee pot.  I'm exhausted in the afternoons and I have a hard time getting up in the morning.  I am addicted.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment