Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11-6-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Breathing
4.  Sleeping
5.  Freedom
6.  Unconditional love
7.  Sacredness
8.  Friends
9.  My wonderful job
10.  The Light

I'm ready for a nap.  I left my place early today to go vote.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow and no political ads running on TV.  When I thought about, it seemed strange that I would have a strong urge to vote in this election.  Some powerful and intense things have been going on in my life where functioning day to day seems like a huge effort or struggle.  And yet, getting up early and going to vote was a strong force getting me out of bed this morning.  It's also odd because I grew up in a house where political discussions never happened.  My parents never vote, have never registered to vote.  Maybe I use that strong urge to get me going again in other parts of my life, like doing my dishes and paying my bills.  I struggle to remember to do these things, and it was no struggle to go vote.  Strange.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment