Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3-21-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  The office to myself this morning
3.  My car running well
4.  Silence
5.  Music and Chanting
6.  Leadings
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  My best is different every day
9.  Endless possibilities in every moment
10.  My needs

I realize in my list I have Silence and then Music is next.  We can be grateful for opposite things at the same time.  We can also have emotions that seem to be in conflict with each other at the same time.  The only reason there in conflict is because of our logical reasoning and culture of "either/or".  In our culture someone can't be good and bad at the same time.  This either/or thinking is why people seem to be so extreme.  One has to be ALL this or ALL that.  When there is a person that seems to have a little of this AND a little of that, our culture says that they are lost or confused or that they can't make up their mind.  Our common sentencing also reflects this "either/or" concept.  Go through your day and be aware of how often you hear the words "but", "however", "yet", "on the other hand", etc.  Also be aware of when you say these things.  And then, after you are aware, replace all of these words with "and".  I have done this and I have found how much more open and expansive the world is with "both/and".
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment