Sunday, October 9, 2011

10-9-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Breathing
3. Quakers
4. Becoming more comfortable in my own skin
5. Connecting with love
6. Movies
7. Shower
8. My own life
9. Responsibility
10. Loosening my tight grip

I was surprised today when I was telling a new friend that I finally started to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm starting to feel okay with how I am and who I am. I love watching movies. I used to think this was an "all or nothing" thing about me. The only way to balance watching movies and getting necessities done, or other projects done was to stop watching movies altogether. Or give myself small morsels over long time periods (maddening to me). So, I was okay with watching a movie as I did my laundry and cleaned my kitchen. I was also okay with missing part of the movie as I had to leave the room to accomplish a task. That one was a lot harder, to leave the movie in the middle of it. I'm learning that visuals, (movies, videos, art) play an important role in communication. Words aren't going to convey everything that needs to be heard about something. I'm loosening my tight grip on being afraid of hurting, on being afraid I might miss something, on being afraid of proving that I'm not worth anything when I'm trying so hard to believe that I'm worth everything.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment