Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10-12-11 grateful for today

1. Breathing
2. My adorable dog
3. Support and Love from friends
4. Being held in The Light
5. Freedom
6. Trust and belief in me
7. Music
8. Meditation
9. Happy Hour
10. Peace


I had an intense session yesterday with my mental health counselor (therapist). I have had this tightness around my middle and trouble with breathing since 8/29/11. We worked yesterday and I am breathing easier today. I feel free and open. Another step from freeing myself from my traumatic past. Another step closer to the grace of surrender. I resist surrender and I understand a piece of that now. Surrender, my current definition, is acceptance of what is happening now and acceptance of what I can and cannot do to change it/control it. And with my past of being 4 years old and I had no power, unable to do anything about the abuse happening to me. All I could do was surrender. Even as an adult, with perspective and reclaiming my power, it is very hard for me to see the grace in surrender. I understand why I had been fighting so hard against the flow of my life. I'm in the flow today. Calm and gentle with myself.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment