Monday, October 10, 2011

10-10-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Breathing
3. Music
4. Learning
5. Openness/opening/loosening
6. All my emotions
7. Personal growth steps I have taken
8. Creativity
9. Unconditional love
10. Courage

"Just get over it!" "Let it go already!" "Look at it this way." "It happened a long time ago, you're not there anymore!" Words and phrases that our culture deem "helpful". Words and phrases that, for me, make me feel alone and having to walk through pain all by myself. Yes, trauma happened to me a long time ago. I was unable to feel it or deal with it then because I was so young. Dealing with it now, feels like it is happening for the first time. I was alone then. I don't want to feel alone now. I would like to hear "I'm here with you." "I see your pain." "I hear your grief and hurt." I need to walk into those traumatic feelings fully to let them go. I have a hard time doing this all by myself. I have a hard time asking for help. Things for me to work on this week.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment