Friday, October 7, 2011

10-7-11 grateful for today

1. Feeling weight in my chest
2. My adorable dog
3. My car running well
4. Abundance
5. Creativity
6. Working as a team
7. Acceptance of today
8. Experiencing life
9. Receiving love
10. Endless possibilities in every moment

It must seem strange to others that I am grateful to feel weight in my chest. I believe in an emotional and physical connection. I also believe that a lot of the traumatic emotions of my childhood that I was not able to express because I was not allowed or that it was way too much for me to survive as a child, those emotions became stored within my body and became chronic ailments. I had to hold on tightly, tense muscles, to not feel them. I have been feeling a tightness around my chest for weeks and this morning I felt my tightness, my holding on, loosen and started to feel the weight of what is buried in my chest. I feel this is a small step to release whatever is in there. I'm not going to label or name it until I can see clearly what it is. There is a difference between labeling something and naming it. When I label something, I try and take something and stuff it into a box that it doesn't quite fit. This could be an experience or a person. And when it is stuffed in the box, I can only see one side. I can't see its true shape or all of what it is. When I name something, I honor and respect the something. It doesn't matter what the name is, it is only important that I do name it. And the name is important that it encompasses all that that person or experience or whatever is. I name the truth of it. I finally get that now. I realize now how many times I took a name and within my head, changed it to a label, dishonoring whatever it truly is. I name The Light for myself.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment