Thursday, December 20, 2012

12-20-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Affirmations
3.  Unconditional Love
4.  Endless possibilities in every moment
5.  Choices and responsibility
6.  Music
7.  Conscious Community Gathering
8.  Being of service
9.  My car running well
10.  All my emotions

So I've been sick for 6 days now and I haven't allowed myself to rest and get better.  I've been going to work and going to events that I've already planned.  That's my pattern, to ignore the signals my body is giving me and I keep chugging along.  And I also use being sick for NOT doing my daily rituals and practices that help me feel better and become centered.  Like chanting and meditating in the morning, I haven't done it since I started feeling sick.  I haven't been eating well.  I haven't been sleeping well, staying up too late doing things for others.  I've also been getting up in the middle of the night as my dog has been sick with diarrhea, so I'm up cleaning up after him.  I see that I'm the one continuing my cold.  I'm the one causing myself to suffer longer.  It's like this with emotions, I tell myself that I'm not allowed to feel whatever I'm feeling, usually by rationalization that it doesn't make sense for me to feel whatever.  And then I suffer along with it rather than just giving my emotions voice and space and air for 5 minutes.  It doesn't matter if what I'm feeling is reasonable, all that matters is that I feel it, whatever emotion.  I feel it.  And with my sick cold, to allow myself to lie around and be sick, cancel all my plans and be sick for a few hours to let it go.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment