Friday, September 30, 2011

9-30-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Camping
3. My car running well
4. Sky, Earth, Sun, Moon, Stars, Water, Fire
5. Chanting and music
6. The quiet of nature
7. Breath
8. Life
9. My job doing what I love: create
10. Choices

A couple of days ago when I was in a self-hating mode, it was suggested to me to have compassion for myself. I thought that was odd. Compassion is what one has for another person. How would I have compassion for myself? My definition of compassion at this moment is feeling the pain another person is feeling with gentleness and tenderness. I am not experiencing their pain, I am sort of feeling it through them and sending gentleness and tenderness and love to soothe their wound. I'm not too sure of my definition and its hard to put into words this feeling of compassion. So, feeling compassion for myself is odd because I'm the one feeling the pain, sharply and fully. I do need to be more gentle and tender with myself. And loving. That's what I'll focus on.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment