Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9-14-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Sleeping
3. Breath, qi
4. My creative job
5. Listening to my heart
6. My own pace
7. Unconditional Love
8. All my emotions
9. Happy Hour
10. Receiving help

If I try to define an experience at the beginning, I limit the possibilities of what it could grow into. If I let go and let the experience be what it is and grow into the possibilities of what it's meant to be, when it's grown I honor it by naming it.
This statement and or guideline is important to me. It's a recent insight and interestingly, my insight grew because I didn't even define this right when it was first forming. I was out with a man that invited me to dinner. I was in my head struggling with defining what the evening was, was it a date? were we just friends? and my brain was twirling away. I finally let go and decided not to define it and experience whatever it was letting my heart lead me. I had the conclusion that nothing needs to be defined, only experienced. And then later talking to my brother about his marriage, I was wondering if we are so free not to define anything, how would one get to the point of marriage, a sacred ritual of committment to one another? And there is when the idea grew and I could see experience as a life of it's own. Experiences have a beginning and a growth to them and to name things is to honor them. And naming is different than defining, my understanding anyway. To name something is to see it and everything about it as it is and name its truth. To define something is to map out the parameters and most of the time only seeing one perspective at a time.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment