Sunday, September 18, 2011

9-18-11 grateful for today

1. Quaker Meeting
2. Heating pad
3. My adorable dog
4. My car running well
5. Beautiful clouds
6. All my emotions and expressing them
7. Fishing
8. Unconditional love
9. Gentleness
10. Beginning again

I need my grateful list today. I woke up this morning (well, several times during the night) with back soreness and put my heating pad on my back. In the past only my lower back is sore, lately my entire back is sore. I use my sore back as an excuse to be in a bad mood today. Basically, I believe that I stored unexpressed emotion (buried emotions) in my body in different places. And then tightened defenses around those buried emotions (tight muscles) and then disconnected from those places so I wouldn't feel. And I have my back in the middle upper back loosening up, and my emotions are coming out, tears and sadness, hurt and grief. I carried a lot on my back as a kid and I'm tired of carrying it. Letting go feels very uncomfortable and scary, what will protect me if I let go of carrying things in my back. Who's got my back? Interesting question because I believed nobody but myself "got my back" as a kid. Another lesson in trust for me.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment