Monday, May 21, 2012

5-21-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Choices and responsibility
3.  Sleeping
4.  The Light
5.  My Life, my whole like
6.  This present moment, this day
7.  My warm jacket
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  My car running well
10.  Silence

Being touched deeply, I realized that I keep my soul deep within me.  So, for my soul to be touched, the experience or person needs to reach deeply inside me.  For many years, I thought it was just how it was.  It seemd the vast majority of us are like this.  Over the weekend I realized that we are born with our souls filling us so fully, that our souls are very close to the surface.  That's what babies are like.  And the majority of our culture helps the physical person to grow and nurture and doesn't nurture the soul to grow along with the body.  It is possible to do this, I haven't seen it very often.  And that's what happened with me.  Well, also with me I had a lot of traumatic experiences that ripped and tore at my soul as it was so close to the surface and I pushed it way down deep inside of me.  Through my years of therapy, I have searched for and reclaimed those pieces of my soul that were ripped away.  The last piece I reclaimed was my ability for joy.  And over the weekend I realized I want my soul to be touched by life and I allowed my soul to expand out of its deep caverns to once again be close to the surface.  There I can be touched by every moment of my life, rather than wait for something to make it in so deep.  Does this mean that my soul won't get ripped or torn again?  No, that's always a possibility.  I choose to take that risk to be able to have so much more touch my soul.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment