Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5-2-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My Brain
3.  Love and Light
4.  Lunch provided when I forgot to bring mine
5.  My Mac
6.  Endless possibilities in every moment
7.  Choices and responsibility
8.  Abundance
9.  Affirmations
10.  Really feeling

I don't feel like writing anything today.  I know it would be good for me to share.  It's odd when I'm right at a crossroads, a place of big transition, I feel like everything is hard.  Getting up in the morning, taking care of my responsibilities.  Doing things that I know will help and keep me grounded.  It seems hard.  I will share something that happened on Sunday and what I learned about myself.  I was in Quaker meeting and we meet in silence.  We kept the door open to the little room we rent from a church to let the cool air in.  The church people were arriving and meeting each other before their service began and they were rather loud outside the door.  I learned about myself that I will sit and take anything that happens around me or to me without saying anything.  I sit and take it.  And then one of our Quaker members got up from our silent meeting quietly and my first thought was that she was going to shut the door.  If it is too much for me to take, I shut the door.  I shut my heart.  I shut down.  She walked through the door and up to the people gathering and lovingly and gently asked that they respect our worship and to be quiet or move away from the door.  That was something that did not occur to me as a choice.  And the people were sorry for being noisy and were quiet and kept the new people arriving to be quiet.  I was amazed that I never considered asking for what I wanted.  I learned that about myself.  I am now aware that I wasn't even aware when fear was keeping me from asking for my joy in life.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment