Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9-25-12 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Therapy session today
4.  Friends
5.  Deepening
6.  My soul
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  The Light
9.  Creativity and Talent
10.  Willingness

I love my adorable dog.  I sit on the floor in front of my alter that I created and I chant in the mornings.  Usually the dog food is right in front of me because years ago while having trouble getting my dog to eat, for some reason he started eating when I started chanting.  So I'm used to having my dog around me when I'm chanting in the morning.  He doesn't always come over by me, sometimes he plays with his toy or lately continues to sleep in the bed.  This morning he sat right in front of me and I chanted and pet him and he cuddled in my lap and then he ate his food.  Looking at me and wagging his tail the whole time.  And then I stopped chanting and sat for a meditation and my cute dog happily walked in circles around me, wagging his tail while I was meditating.  And while sitting waiting for my legs to wake up, he continued his circling in clockwise motion.  Pausing for a pet or a scratch or a lick on my knee and then continuing around in a circle. He's done this a few times before.  Only he knows what is motivating him to walk around in such a happy circle.  I wonder if he is following a big part of my soul around me.  Recently I became aware that I split from a big part of my soul when I was very little.  And only recently have I been willing to become open to let that big piece back into me.  I feel my big soul close by.  Maybe that is what is circling me happily and lovingly and patiently waiting for me to open.  And that is what my dog is happily following around me.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment