Thursday, April 4, 2013

4-4-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Connection
3.  Hug
4.  My car running well
5.  Being in my heart
6.  Excitement
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  Silence
9.  All my emotions
10.  Honoring mine and others feelings

I've been taking the time before I do any job, like cleaning the kitchen, or folding the laundry, I take time to center myself, and move into my heart.  Some might call it praying, some might call it a quick meditation.  Quakers call it centering down.  Me, I don't know if I have name for it yet.  I stop become silent, check into my standing alignments from my Tai Chi practice, I let go of whatever else I was thinking or doing before.  I try to get myself into this present moment and fully focused on what I'm about to work on so that I'm fully present with it.  I also say out loud my intention and what exactly I'll be doing.  For example, this morning I paused by my kitchen doorway, centered, and said aloud "I'm going into my sacred kitchen to prepare my breakfast and lunch, I'm preparing loving nourishment for myself."  This is still very new to me, I've been doing this a couple of days, and I forget before a lot of tasks as I'm creating this as a new habit.  I like it so far.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment