Monday, October 1, 2012

10-1-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Meeting with a friend
3.  Music
4.  My wonderful creative job
5.  Creativity
6.  Endless possibilities in every moment
7.  Choices and responsibility
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  My warm jacket
10.  Roseanne Barr for President

Finding out that Roseanne Barr is officially on the Presidential ballot cheered me up today.  I don't know why.  I've been sitting here trying to figure out why this cheers me up.  Anybody really can do anything they want in this country.  Anybody can run for president.  It's also humbling.  Humbling for Romney and Obama.  Roseanne made a name for herself with her sitcom to be the "everyman", the working class, the 99%.  I feel that Roseanne has always been herself, tried to be her truest self at every moment.  Not ever putting on a fake mask because that's what the audience wanted to see.  I don't know, I've never met Roseanne.  I believe Roseanne puts a human face on the election, flaws and blowups and compassion and tears and laughter.  So much of campaigning is polishing and presenting only what the candidates think the voters want to see.  Whenever a person presents only one side and hides all others, the illusion is built that it is okay to hide even more.  Hiding is a symptom of shame.  Government, I believe, should be transparent.  I would like to vote humanness, compassion, integrity, transparency, and unconditional love back into government.  We are all equal in the most humbling way.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment