Thursday, October 18, 2012

10-18-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Fall in Michigan
4.  Silence
5.  Grandpa Stan
6.  Unconditional Love
7.  My family
8.  Noble friends
9.  Sleeping
10.  The Light

I spent 4 days up in Michigan and it was beautiful and so soothing to my soul to see the fall colors and feel the cool crisp fall air.  I love fall, it is my favorite season and I'm grateful that I was able to have some time back where I grew up feeling and seeing the fall.  I was back up in Michigan to attend the funeral of my grandfather.  He was 92 and full of life up until the final weeks.  He brought the family together, I personally hadn't seen a lot of my family since 1998.  There was a lot of visiting and laughing and reminiscing and also I got to meet a lot of kids that my cousins have had and have been raising.  It was great to get back with my cousins that I grew up with.  We saw each other almost every weekend playing at someone's house, my mom's or aunt's or grandma's.  I believe my grandpa waited until his passing would bring the whole family together.  He was an amazing man and now I hope he's giving my grandma all the hugs I've been wanting to give her all these years.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment