Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Breathing
3.  My Grandpa Stan
4.  Music
5.  Silence
6.  Many wonderful friends
7.  My family
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  Forgiveness
10.  Compassion

My Grandpa passed away last night.  He was 92 and he said he was ready to go.  He was telling his daughters to "just pull the plug."  He wasn't hooked up to any machines and he knew that.  I believe it was his way of saying that he was ready to go, he didn't know how and he was scared.  He was an amazing man and he touched so many lives in his life.  He lived a full life and I believed he enjoyed much of it.  He always had a funny, touching story to tell, and cared deeply below his crusty exterior.  I miss you, Grandpa.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment