Monday, April 16, 2012

4-16-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Honest caring mechanics
3.  The Light
4.  Being of service
5.  Doing everything from a place of Love
6.  Simply Love
8.  Affirmations
9.  Honoring all parts of me and all my emotions
10.  Choices and responsibility

Driving into work this morning on a straight piece of road, nobody in front of me, just tooling along, there was a "thud" and it felt like I slammed on the brakes and quickly let off of them.  But I didn't touch the brakes.  I didn't run over anything.  My fear is that the transmission is having problems.  It's an old car, with over 133,000 miles.  Instead of my old behavior system of ignoring it, or "I'll take care of it if it happens again", instead of worrying about not having the money, I drove straight to my mechanic to look over my car.  This is caring for myself.  Making myself and my needs a priority.  I learned over the weekend that I have needs that are more than just survival (eat, sleep, clothes, shelter).  I have emotional needs and admitting and becoming aware of those scares me.  Because as a small child I needed love, unconditional love.  I didn't get it and I have years off bottled up grief that I need to feel and express about that.  My inner child is very scared about acknowledging my emotional needs because it hurts a LOT when they are not met.  I am able and I do meet my needs now.  I have learned tools and processes.  I have the capacity today to meet and fulfill my emotional needs.  It will take some practice.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment