Friday, April 13, 2012

4-13-12 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Doggie hotel, Arfington Resorts
3.  My car running well
4.  My wonderful job
5.  Chanting
6.  Connecting and listening to the Light within
7.  Music
8.  Choices and responsibility
9.  All my emotions
10.  Unconditional love

I put on my list that I am grateful for all my emotions and I'm honoring every emotion I have.  There are a few that I have a hard time feeling fully.  My habit to push them down and bury or ignore them is strong.  Those emotions are anger, shame, hurt.  I have a hard time crying during a regular day, in front of people I don't know.  It takes a lot of courage to show myself that vulnerable to the world.  And showing that courage and vulnerability is beautiful to see.  It's also uncomfortable for other people because my showing my emotions will touch their emotions whether they want their emotions touched or not.  And that's where the big reactions come from.  I know when I'm holding in or ignoring some emotions I need to feel because that's when they start coming out sideways.  When a depressed feeling comes over me, when I feel like running away from everything, when I'm frustrated with every little thing in the day.  I am grateful for group therapy this weekend and a safe place to express and release emotions and practice of showing my true self to others.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment