Monday, December 5, 2011

12-5-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Wonderful friends that support me and stick with me
3. Feeling my sore muscles
4. My wonderful job
5. Breathing
6. Chanting
7. Experiencing life in every moment
8. Dreaming
9. Choices and responsibility
10. Unconditional love.

I finished the Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com) on Saturday. Woo Hoo! I did every obstacle except for one wall. I know now I am capable of a lot more than what I thought. I am very grateful for my friends who stuck with me through the whole course and were cheering me on and giving me pointers and help. I ran some and learned how to breath and run at the same time. In the past I would avoid runs and running or even long marathon walks and things, because I used to run and automatically hold my breath and tense up. In my childhood it seemed like the only time I would run would be in terror and that's where I learned to hold my breath and tense up. I also had asthma and many of my forays into playing sports ended up with me going to the hospital before the game was over. I'm had been terrified of not being able to breath. Now I took the risk and tested my physical capability and I know that this is 2011 and not my childhood. I am so much more capable today. So, I am so proud of myself for finishing the Warrior Dash! I am proudly wearing my Warrior Helmet at work today!
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment