Sunday, April 25, 2010

4-25-10 grateful for today

1. Beautiful breezy lazy Sundays
2. Time to relax and reflect
3. Connection
4. Playing at the park yesterday
5. Sore muscles today
6. Being present in each moment
7. Letting my life unfold
8. Allowing others to be who they are and holding space
9. infinite possibilities
10. Abundance

Oh, I just looked around for my 15 minute timer because I forgot to set it at the beginning of this. It's not in this room. I'm much too relaxed to go and get it, so we'll just wing it today.

I had a great time at the park yesterday playing with my friend and her family: kickball, frisbee, monkey in the middle, walks, talks, and connection. We attempted to cut my dogs nails which was a trauma for me. My friend assures me that I was more traumatized than my dog. We got the front nails clipped. The rest of the time was playing and me trying to remember to breathe when I run. I learned to run way a long time ago and I would hold my breath in terror. It took my a very long time to understand why people like to "go for a run". I figured they liked to torture themselves with terror, because that was what it felt like to me to run. I'm much better now, I have grown and let go of my old belief and have a new belief that running is fun and feels good . . . . now is the practice to get my body to believe that too. Breathe when I run. I repeated it a lot today.

I've found that I repeat out loud a lot of my new beliefs. A friend of mine got annoyed with me the other day because he reacted to it like I was preaching to him. So, he heard me telling him that he's wrong for his beliefs. I hadn't realized that I've been telling myself aloud my new beliefs, while my friends are present . . . . or rather, that they would not realize that I'm speaking aloud to myself my new beliefs while they are present. So, that was interesting.

I'm going to say that's my 15 minutes, even though I hadn't been keeping track of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment