Saturday, April 17, 2010

4-17-10 grateful for today

1. Honesty
2. Wonderful cool cloudy weather
3. Getting out of the house
4. Friends
5. My adorable dog
6. My body
7. Every moment of life
8. My choices and decisions
9. Ability to change my mind
10. Negotiation and collaboration

Honesty with myself is beautiful. The things I'm being honest with myself may not be beautiful, may be hard for me to look at, and hard for me to say aloud or write down. The act of being honest with myself is beautiful. And necessary. There have been things in my life that I have done that I have made taboo of speaking about or acknowledging. Now, your imagination may run wild, and these things are not that crazy out there. I am not comfortable speaking about them here in this open forum and I will tell you that other healthy adults do not have a problem about speaking of these things in trusted company. A lot of people acknowledge these things privately to themselves. So, today, this morning, I have been able to finally acknowledge to myself that I am human and have these "things" also. As you can tell from my round-a-bout way of speaking that I'm still uncomfortable with acknowledging these "things" and also how I'm feeling about it. More work for me to process. I am celebrating that I am finally able to be honest with myself and acknowledge them and my feelings. I need to be aware in order to process or change. So that's a step.

I'm looking forward to going to the park with my dog and meeting a friend and her dog. It will be good to get out of the house. A major PURGE and SHIFT of my physical living space is in order so that I enjoy being in my space more and enjoy going out to enjoy nature more. Rather than my going out is to escape how my house currently feels to me.

Well, I gotta get a move on and call my friend. Much love and light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment