Friday, April 16, 2010

4-16-10 grateful for today

1. My therapist
2. My body
3. My adorable dog
4. The cool weather
5. Acceptance
6. Connection
7. My car running well
8. Water
9. Abundance and prosperity
10. Time

My dog is barking at me, wanting my attention. I want to meditate this morning and am wondering if I have enough time before work. I've had an interesting couple of days.

I am grateful for my therapist. I almost didn't put it down on my list. I was afraid that people would know I go to a therapist and therefore would judge me as unstable. Even though I state repeatedly that everybody could use a little therapy. The other resistance of putting it on my list is if it is appropriate. Confidentiality is very big for me to be able to do the therapy work that I do. Sometimes I do a little dance and struggle in my head as to what is appropriate to share and what isn't.

I have many tools that I have learned from my therapist that I use to process feelings, to understand situations, to remain true to myself and calm and loving to others. Something came up that I was at a loss as to how to process it and I'm grateful to my therapist for being there with me and helping me through it and teaching me a new way to process. I felt a huge shift within me and I asked a friend of mine who sees me everyday and she said it was a major shift. And I'm grateful I have a new tool to process things with.

I'm not taking the full 15 minutes as I want to chant and meditate before going to work. Love and light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment